Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No information herein should be construed as legal advice. This blog is established as a research project conducted by a non-lawyer for course credit. I shall first narrow the scope of this blog to consider the necessary steps I would take in beginning a law firm. After developing a mission and vision statement I would research which company structure would best suit my company’s needs. Writing assistance for a vision and mission statement can be found from several online sources including The Grantsmanship Center and/or YourBusinessPal.com, to name a few. After completion of the mission and vision statement I would be better positioned to decide what form my law firm would take. Options, which are outlined in greater detail at INbiz, include:
Sole Proprietorship
General Partnership
Corporation
S-Corporation
Limited Liability Company
Limited, Partnership
Limited Liability Partnership Though helpful these limited definitions require a supplementation, which can be found online at nolo, CompaniesIncorporated, or by visiting Dictionary.com. Once the structure is decided upon the next step would be filing with the state of incorporation (state your practice will be located within). For the sake of conciseness I shall examine only Indiana based law firms conducting in-state business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home